Truth Is I Got Caught Up…
…And the creativity stopped flowing.
A few weeks ago I celebrated my 3 year blogivesary and while I was looking at all the accomplishments I was also looking at the lack of post I made. It made me wonder “what happened?”
When I first started blogging I had plenty of ideas for my platform. My mind was constantly racing with them. Then I started getting caught up in wanting more followers, collabs, money and I was trying to (keyword “trying”) tailor my work to do so. I didn’t realize that I already had a genuine following of people who looked forward to my old content— I just wanted more, but that came with a price. My blog was turning into a “how-to” guide when I didn’t even know “how-to” myself. This is when blogging became less of an exciting hobby and more of a job that I loathe doing.
Soon I was putting my own original ideas to the side to see what was trendy and making other influencers thrive and my consistency died out (I’ve since then archived those post). This isn’t what I started this platform for, I started it to inspire through my personal experiences and that’s what drove me to do it in the first place. My work was lacking authenticity and I needed it back.
When your work comes from a genuine place everything else will align.
When starting any passion project or hobby please remember:
- The followers, sponsors, money, etc will all come, but don’t make that the main goal.
- When you start a project for yourself do it because you love it, not because everyone else is doing it.
- Don’t be afraid of the work you do because you don’t think it will get views. Do it anyway there’s people that need your light.
- Not everyone will support, but your work isn’t for everyone. It’s for you and the people that need it.
- Don’t feel discouraged when you feel like no one’s rooting for you. Make sure you don’t give up on you.
If you’re starting to view your work as a job and don’t have the same passion you had for it before, remember why you started and don’t give up.
With all this being said I hope you all are ready for the content coming up. Make sure to subscribe to the newsletter for exclusive content and sneak peaks and I can’t wait to see what this year holds for me.
Remember, all post are from me to you with love!